Top 5 SEO Tips of 2014
I’m sure you’ve heard of Search Engine Optimization by now, and have somehow attempted to incorporate it into your online sites. But, have you been keeping up-to-date with the newest fads in the SEO world? If you are, then you know that SEO strategies are constantly changing, and you need to always adapt in order to stay visible in the rankings. To help you stay current, we compiled a list of the top 5 trending SEO tricks to increase search rankings!
1. Quality Content: Make sure to offer unique and thorough content. If your content is too concise, then you will miss the necessary keywords needed to increase optimization. Also, quality is key. With Google’s Panda and Penguin updates, you are now required to include quality content and information. Furthermore, if you are posting relevant information, but simply regurgitating content already posted by many other companies, then it won’t receive high rankings. This is exceptionally important because Google can penalize you for duplicating content, therefore eliminating your rankings. Make sure you are adding new and influential information that stands out from the rest!
2. Onsite Optimization: Meta tags, which include title, description and header tags, are important for targeting keywords. One of the main types of keywords you should use is locations. In fact, 20 percent of searches on Google have the location included, so adding it into the description increases your chances of visibility! Also, make sure to use a maximum of 75 and 150 characters for title and description tags, respectively, because Google ignores the rest proceeding that.
3. Socials Links and Hashtags: On every site you use, make sure there are always clear social links. This is crucial because social networks are the highest authority with Google, hence, the links are most powerful. Also, include keywords in the hashtags on Google+, Facebook and Twitter in order to maximize potential optimization. Furthermore, hashtags are imperative because they are traceable topics, allowing for easy findings.
4. Clean Site Architecture: When coding your website, make it clean and precise so that the search engines have an easier time filtering through the content. Also, always check for broken links before launching, and be sure to add a sitemap when updating content. This will allow search engines to crawl your website easily.
5. Inbound Links: When creating press and blog content, always include links back to your site. The more links the site has, the more powerful it is under Google’s standards. Also, make sure you have listings on all local directories with a link back to your site, because the latest update, known as Pigeon, places more emphasis on all local directory listings.
By adapting these strategies into your SEO campaigns, you are sure to increase search rankings and gain web traction! Good luck!